Sunday, December 24, 2006

Climbing

Even though we were all obviously working hard all the time, we definitely found lots of time to indulge in some of New Zealand's fine recreation activities. We hiked, backpacked, kayaked, ran, swam and yes... we climbed.



Was I still Narcoleptic at this point?





Yamunta!
Colin's pharoh pose on "Virgin on Easy."



Blume... that guy sure can climb.





Frank... all smiles.



Tim checking to see if I have fallen asleep.



Laura flashing some flexibility.





Anyone wanna belay?




Main cliff... Choice.




My attempt at "Terror Incognito."

Blume, who climbs... well almost as much as some people walk, said that this climb was one of the best he has ever done... I can agree that the first three quarters was spectacular, but it kicked my ass in the end. Thanks to Mollie for being my personal photographer and Tim for the belay.




Mount Manganui

Kat, Blume and I, still hungry for more climbing, took on a few climbs on Mt. Manganui on the outskirts of Tauranga. It was windy and rainy when we left, but decided to check out the conditions and were blessed with a few great hours. Kat got rained on a bit, but at least the birds didn't attack her.



Kat stretching... meow.



The view was... NICE!
Thanks for the photo Kat!


"Whatever you do... don't fall in the gorse."


No comments: